Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pro global 4

I am enjoying this process.  I took some of the images that we have photos for the school with the students working on this project.  The input that we're getting for this project is very interesting. I have a head input about the ethnicities of the students on the wall, the students that are actually in the images.  I also have received a lot of input about the students are actually working on the project as well it's a very diverse crowd both ends. While I am very excited about this project still there are some complexities to deal concerning the background of the hieroglyph images that I'm still trying to work through. These background images are going to be in black-and-white and they will be cultural icons for Hispanic community, african-American community, Somalian and African students, native American community namely Ojibway which represent the population at Sandford middle school, The Monk population of students we have and the Asian population of students that we have. Whew! That's a lot, but the more sensitive issues that I'm dealing with surrounds the idea that I don't want to be insensitive to any culture any religion or any background of people. What helps the most I think with that is the diversity of the staff members that are involved in the process and the amount of students and diversity of the students that are involved in this process as well.  Please stay posted and send me your input on what we have so far for pro global we should be done mid-December-ish.



No comments: