Monday, August 29, 2016

SUMMER 2016

This summer has been quite the schedule.  I have worked a lot to travel with my wife to Cancun, Mexico where we experienced some amazing things.  
Small pencil sketch -- I did over the summer
In the arts I have done more work with the metal enamel production of the SEED PROJECT and the new project I was approved to do next year with the City of Minneapolis called ASSEMBLE (where I designed a giant children book that I will fabricate and post as public art outside of a local elementary school here in MPLS).  
Metal Enamel panels designed by Jeremiah (Bey) Ellison

I am very excite dot completed this project ( The SEED project) and see it in its entirety over the Olson Memorial Bridge and and 94 W .  This project will be very reflective of our community in so many ways and allow for visitor for years to come.
Additionally I opened the art showing at the new Vikings Stadium in July with 28 other artist totaling 150 pieces of art.  This was super cool, and I am very honored to have had this experience to show three pieces at the US Bank Stadium.

Last month in July I also curated a showing of some of the artist in The Roho Collective and watched as several of our artist sold pieces and made new connections.  I was one of the artist selling work but we also did a live painting that we gave away to someone on our mailing list. The next day I was at Breaking Bread Cafe where I did four portraits in color pencil, and made more connections with vendors and potential art buyers.  The next big thing I ddi was last week at the Saint Paul Saints Stadium I did a live painting of a boy pitching  a base ball.  This was a four hour painting.
Painting at the Saint Paul Saints Stadium , August 2016

This summer has been very wonderful, in my studio I am working on a several pieces that surround the black male portrait.  This is a sketch on one of the pieces, stay tuned.
profile sketch -- ingrained

No comments: